Saturday, 10 April 2010

Spring has Sprung

It's been simply ages since I posted, somehow life got in the way ! This little number is my homage to Spring in that it makes me feel brighter and the sun is actually shining outside today.

I have had the mini canvas (2.75 x 2.75 ins) in my hands so many times and have never done anything with it to date. I used tissue paper, stamped images and napkins for the background, all adhered and held in place with Matt Mod Podge.

I had been sent a very lovely paper napkin as a RAK and tore the edges (which contained images of cherries) and adhered these with the Mod Podge and a soft brush. I then stamped some text onto pale pink tissue paper with Versafine vintage sepia ink, again tore this and adhered several pieces across the canvas using the same method. I finished off by stamping an image (free coverstamp from Craft Stamper Mag) with Cherry Red Stazon onto pink tissue and applied this as before. I left one or two bits of the canvas showing through too.


Next I cut the lady image from a mini postcard and edged with black ink. This was applied over the collaged canvas (once dry) with Glossy Accents as shown. A piece of pink velvet rik-rak ribbon was applied with glossy accents and this was embellished with a button tied through with a thin piece of dark green braid and adhered on a glue dot.

To finish I added a coat of victorian velvet Distress ink applied with cut'n'dry to the sides of the canvas.

Hope you like it !

Sid xx

3 comments:

  1. This is absolutely beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love that Spring button Sid, where did you get it?

    ReplyDelete