Sunday, 18 April 2010

Rolling Recipe Tag 13


This weeks challenge was to make a tag with the following elements:
  1. A Face
  2. Leaves
  3. Gems
I decided to go a bit funky and use leaves but with not a tinge of green in them at all (no green ink was used but some green was made accidentally by overlaying different colours). This turned out to be a very bright little number indeed !



The base tag was cut from white card and the stamp of a ladies face (Cherry Pie) was stamped first with onyx black Versafine ink. I love this stamp ! The image was coloured lightly with Marvey Le Plume II pens.
A mask was made by stamping again on a post-it note and placed over the original image whilst lavender Impress dye ink was applied with cut'n'dry foam for the background. A leaf stamp (Crafty Individuals) was then inked with the same ink and stamped randomly over the image to decorate as shown.


The same stamp was then stamped repeatedly in lemon yellow, ultramarine, peony purple and lavender Impress ink to form the leafy layer and this was trimmed out.
The bottom half of the tag was then sponged with more Peony purple ink and a border stamp (Green Pepper Press) stamped in the same colour. The leafy section was then stuck into place with glue stick.


Next I cut out some flowers with a Martha Stewart punch out of an old M&S cake box and colourd this with more peony purple Impress before embellishing with purple self adhesive gems and sticking in place with glue dots. Another gem was applied in the ladies hair.

The word stamp (Cherry Pie) was stamped as shown with onyz black Versafine ink and an eyelet with some pink silk added with the crop-a-dile to finish.

Must say that I love the vibrancy of the Impress inks in this. Hope you like it.

Sid xx

Sunday, 11 April 2010

Rolling Recipe Tag 12

Trying to play catch up with these tags, I left off at Tag 6 and so have another 5 to do to complete the set. This is Tag 12.

This weeks challenge was to make a tag with the following:
  1. Gems
  2. A stamped image of a face
  3. Eggs

I cut the basic tag from white cardstock and adhered a torn page from an old book at the bottom. I then applied pumice stone Distress Ink to the top of the tag and around the lower edges with cut'n'dry foam. I then stamped onto the background with a music stamp (?) in crushed olive Distress Ink.


I then used a leaf stamp from Paper Artsy and stamped this repeatedly in pumice stone & crushed olive Distress ink as shown. The main image of a face is also from Paper Artsy and this was stamped on white card in Versamark and heat embossed with detail black embossing powder before colouring in with distress inks and a waterbrush. This was trimmed out and applied with glue stick.

The eggs (Paper Artsy) were stamped on white card in onyx black Versafine and coloured in similar colours of distress as before. These were trimmed out and applied on a single large glue dot.
The scalloped edge was made using a Martha Stewart punch, white card and more crushed olive Distress Ink and was applied with glue stick at the bottom of the tag. I adhered 3 flat backed gems in peridot to this strip. The word stamp (Paper Artsy) was stamped directly in onyx black Versafine as shown.

Finally a cream eyelet was applied with the crop-a-dile and some fibres tied through the hole.

Love those new colours of Distress Inks by Tim Holtz & Ranger!

Sid xx

Saturday, 10 April 2010

Spring has Sprung

It's been simply ages since I posted, somehow life got in the way ! This little number is my homage to Spring in that it makes me feel brighter and the sun is actually shining outside today.

I have had the mini canvas (2.75 x 2.75 ins) in my hands so many times and have never done anything with it to date. I used tissue paper, stamped images and napkins for the background, all adhered and held in place with Matt Mod Podge.

I had been sent a very lovely paper napkin as a RAK and tore the edges (which contained images of cherries) and adhered these with the Mod Podge and a soft brush. I then stamped some text onto pale pink tissue paper with Versafine vintage sepia ink, again tore this and adhered several pieces across the canvas using the same method. I finished off by stamping an image (free coverstamp from Craft Stamper Mag) with Cherry Red Stazon onto pink tissue and applied this as before. I left one or two bits of the canvas showing through too.


Next I cut the lady image from a mini postcard and edged with black ink. This was applied over the collaged canvas (once dry) with Glossy Accents as shown. A piece of pink velvet rik-rak ribbon was applied with glossy accents and this was embellished with a button tied through with a thin piece of dark green braid and adhered on a glue dot.

To finish I added a coat of victorian velvet Distress ink applied with cut'n'dry to the sides of the canvas.

Hope you like it !

Sid xx

Welcome to THE PAPER GARDENS

A very big welcome to THE PAPER GARDENS which is a blog to celebrate all things crafty, especially those involving paper.

Posts will start end of April 2010.

Thanks for your patience and whilst this site is under construction, why not visit
'Harpies Crafty Corner' for some crafty treats.